To Stop Smoking.
So You’re a New or Occasional Smoker?
I’m in control of my smoking. You might still be if you’re a new or occasional smoker.
But you won’t be for long if you continue smoking :
- 30 to 50% of people who try smoking become regular smokers;
- it’s the new smokers who are most likely to overestimate their ability not to become addicted, followed by occasional smokers.
If you’re one of these two groups, we wish you luck! Meanwhile, in addition to the above, we suggest you think about this :
- the majority of new or occasional smokers, those who don’t believe they’ll get addicted to cigarettes, are still smoking years after they started;
- the longer you smoke, the longer tobacco smoke will harm your body;
- the younger you are when you start, the greater the risk that you’ll become a life-long smoker.
In conclusion, do you think tobacco companies would be so rich if so many smokers could quit so easily?